Manager, Sales Planning
Business & Operations – Sales & Marketing /
Bustle Digital Group is seeking a Sales Planning Manager to join our West Coast team. The ideal candidate is organized, detail-oriented, self-starter who is hoping to leverage their analytical and problem-solving abilities in a quantitative and creative environment. You'll help develop compelling, customized media plans, proposals and presentations, and make recommendations for the planning function, refining how we position our products to achieve revenue goals.
This is an ideal role for anyone looking to take on a leadership role within the business side of interactive media and is eager to join an exuberant, growing and energetic team.
- Create innovative and strategic marketing plans and proposals aligned with the sales and brand strategy teams, to propel BDG’s reputation as a thought leader among clients
- Work in conjunction with sales team during the RFP process to develop custom proposals and make recommendations based on client KPIs
- Maintain the day to day sales planning function – monitoring and managing workload among the coordinator(s) by reviewing BDG media plans across the team
- Prioritize consistency within each plan created across the country, helping to refine the ratecard with new learnings, pricing and recommended packages, while identifying product changes and ensuring all details are disseminated accordingly
- Understand the role of inventory and create yield optimized media plans
- Create detailed work orders for each signed advertising insertion order, ensuring the planning team is managing their own transitional documents
- Work with third party system to set-up pre-campaign tracking and manage input
- Recommend changes to interdepartmental workflow to ensure that all elements (pricing, reservation calendar, unit specs) are handled according to process and schedule
- Assist in the development of overall sales planning function at BDG
- Utilize research measurement tools to add relevant, trustworthy data to presentations and proposals and administer support to the team from a research training perspective
- Develop new sales marketing collateral using industry, marketing and third-party research
- 4+ years work experience in planning and/or media; 1 - 2 years with publisher a plus
- Management experience a plus
- Experience with Ad Serving (DFP, ATLAS, OAS, etc.)
- Knowledge in media, branded content, video, and experiential success metrics in addition to viewability
- Proficiency in MS Office and Google Apps
- Experience with planning and analytics tools such as ComScore, Google Analytics, Quantcast, and Shareablee
- Experience with Agency-Specific Programs a plus (such as: Prisma)
- Availability to work PST hours
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.