Associate Director of Production/Line Producer
New York, NY
Creative – Branded Content
Bustle Digital Group is looking for an experienced Associate Director of Production/Line Producer to join our Branded team. This person will be especially focused on producing photo and video shoots which range in complexity. The ideal candidate has experience with all aspects of production management including but not limited to liaising inter-departmentally with our creative and account management teams, managing influencers and talent, and creative facilitation with production partners. The ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and friendly manner along with sharp attention to detail is key to success in this role.
- Serve as production lead for complex video and photo shoots across fashion, beauty, lifestyle, news/entertainment, health & wellness, technology, and culture.
- Execute large-scale programs from start to finish and be the primary liaison internally between creative teams, legal, and account management
- Oversee and resource team of production managers
- Attend brainstorms in pre-sale and recommend cost-effective strategies and production efficiencies
- Lead production kickoffs and define internal checkpoints to help clarify shoot scope, team roles/responsibilities, budget allocation, and timing
- Build detailed production schedules in pre-sale and post-sale across photo, video, and talent executions
- Dictate strict budget parameters and closely monitor campaign spending, ensuring that we do not exceed the estimated production budget
- Acts as line producer on set for all planned productions
- Anticipate departmental challenges and needs, and recommend process/workflow improvements to solve for them
- Handle outreach, negotiations, contracting, and creative facilitation with external vendors (production partners, crew, models, locations, etc.), clearly communicating scope of work throughout the program.
- Diligently track production costs in master budget tracker and reconcile budgets at the end of each month
- Open communication with finance to make sure all invoices are paid
- 7+ years of production management experience successfully managing dynamic, cross-functional teams in a digital media and creative environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong management and leadership qualities
- Dedication to accuracy, detail, and organization
- Strong sense of prioritization and ability to self-start
- Ability to remain calm, friendly, and solution-oriented under pressure
- Existing relationships with production partners and crew in key markets
- Familiarity with Google Drive, Excel, & Keynote, and project management software like Basecamp
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Flavorpill Media, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, Romper, The Outline, Input and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, and London.