Lifestyle Writer, Bustle
Editorial – Bustle
Bustle is seeking a remote part-time Lifestyle Writer to contribute smart, thoughtful articles 2-3 days per week during afternoon hours. In addition to frequently submitting pitches, writers will work on reported pieces, informative listicles, and timely news briefs covering tech, social justice and human rights, identity, and feminism. The majority of topics will be approached through a service angle.
Ideal candidates should have at least 2+ years of daily experience reporting and writing about lifestyle and news topics. Diverse voices are encouraged to apply.
A minimum commitment of at least two days per week is required. We are currently seeking writers who can work 2-3 shifts around 12-7 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Writers will work remotely.
- Pitching and writing 3-4 service pieces or explainers pegged to national news, pop culture, or tech
- Packaging posts for search and social optimization, including brainstorming headline ideas and sourcing appropriate photos and embeds
- Independently tracking down and reaching out to relevant experts during each shift
- Quickly switching between topics (for example, a new iOS update and how people can protect abortion rights)
- Following Bustle style and turning in crystal clear copy
- Consistently citing sources
- 2+ years reporting and writing experience in news, lifestyle, or social justice field
- Ability to write clearly and maintain a conversational, yet professional tone
- Comfortable covering a wide range of sensitive topics
- Eager to work at a speed that’s competitive with other outlets
- Availability to work remotely at least 2 business days per week
- On-point SEO skills
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands - Bustle, Elite Daily, Flavorpill Media, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, Romper, The Outline, and The Zoe Report – to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, and London