Staff Writer, Nylon
New York, NY
Editorial – NYLON
NYLON is looking for a full-time Staff Writer to join our New York-based team. The Staff Writer will work closely with our Entertainment and Executive Editor to help shape NYLON's feature and news coverage on the site and will be responsible for both pitching and executing written pieces across a number of topics, including pop culture/celebrity, music, and fashion. This position will also be responsible for assigned celebrity interviews, occasional event coverage, and more.
The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years of experience writing in a fast-paced online environment, a strong sense for news and features, and be confident conducting interviews with a range of subjects. An interest in both fashion and pop culture is a must, as well as the ability to pitch and execute outside-the-box story ideas on a daily basis. Candidates must feel comfortable turning around reported features and op-eds on a tight deadline.
- Write 2 to 3 stories a day (a mix of breaking news and in-depth profiles/Q&As, and reported features)
- Represent NYLON at relevant events, with an eye for newsworthy angles and on-site or social coverage opportunities
- Pitch and execute original features and on-going franchises
- Use analytics tools to monitor performance, and adjust strategy accordingly
- Work closely with team members on ideation, site direction, and content package execution
- 2-3 years writing experience in (ideally) digital media
- Deep understanding of best practices for search and social
- Ability to write and edit quickly without compromising brand integrity, voice, or mission
- Strong display writing and story packaging skills
- Contacts in the fashion and entertainment industries
- Comfort networking and attending events on behalf of the brand
- A sense of fun, urgency, and a can-do attitude
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Flavorpill Media, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, Romper, The Outline, Input and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, and London.