Sales Director, West Coast
Los Angeles, CA
Business & Operations – Sales & Marketing
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is seeking a Sales Director to join our West Coast sales team, based in LA and/or the Bay Area. They will be responsible for leading the sales efforts for our newly launched Culture & Innovation Collection, consisting of Inverse, Input, Mic and The Outline. This role will be one of the key hires at BDG to help build this collection and will work directly with executive stakeholders to build market strategy.
The Sales Director will work with advertisers in a consultative manner to identify partnership opportunities and close business. The ideal candidate is focused, curious, highly-connected, creative, and has a passion for driving digital revenue across a variety of platforms. You should also have experience selling content marketing programs and negotiating program packages and schedules.
- Educate brands on BDG’s audience, offerings and event-based programs to the market
- Collaborate with internal teams to propose, close and execute deals
- Gain a thorough understanding of partner business challenges
- Proactively provide creative solutions in addition to proposal requests
- Continually develop new relationships at all levels with clients and agencies
- Manage all phases of the sales cycle: lead generation, sourcing opportunities and RFPs, prospecting, ideation, pitching business and optimizing campaigns with the help of the sales support team
- Handle inbound RFP requests while proactively pitching BDG in the market
- Grow revenue and renewal business with an active pipeline of client direct and agency relationships
- Understand marketplace trends, innovation and competitive landscape
- Brainstorm with sales support and editorial teams to create new initiatives and structure campaigns based on client KPIs
- Work with management to create a strategic roadmap for success on a quarterly and annual basis
- Extensive knowledge within the tech, finance, and/or auto categories.
- 8+ years experience as a digital seller
- High energy and enthusiasm for digital sales
- A proven track record of measurable success
- Established relationships with brands and agencies, specifically within the tech and entertainment categories
- Experience in building and understanding digital media plans is required
- An entrepreneurial spirit, tenacious drive, and enthusiastic attitude
- Superior organization, prioritization, and presentation skills
- Attention to detail is a must
- Proven ability to be highly accountable for a book of business and day-to-day sales best practices, good follow-up and follow through (cold calling, prospecting, market share reporting, call activity, sharing information with appropriate internal stakeholders, etc)
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills and demonstrated experience in presenting to groups
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and Keynote, along with sales CRM tools
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Flavorpill Media, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, Romper, The Outline, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, and London.