Senior Content Strategist
New York, NY
Creative – Branded Content
Bustle Digital Group is seeking a Senior Content Strategist to be a key driver of content strategy on behalf of BDG Studios in both the pitch (pre-sale) and execution (post-sale) phase. BDG Studios partners with advertisers to create dynamic content that resonates with a young female consumer, driven by the editorial values of authenticity, inclusivity, positivity, and empowerment.
In the pitch (pre-sale) phase, you’ll work with multiple internal teams to connect each of BDG’s titles with advertiser objectives, ensuring that social and audience insights are driving the content recommendation and distribution strategy.
In the execution (post-sale) phase, you’ll be responsible for producing the creative of social-first products (i.e, IG Stories, influencer content, social assets from photo shoots), ensuring that all content remains on-strategy, on-brand, and premium in quality.
You should have a firm grasp on BDG’s social voice across all titles and be able to work across multiple teams to vet creative concepts and strategy and communicate them to clients. This position is great for a creative with demonstrated expertise in social analytics — or vice versa.
For you, no task will be too big or too small, whether you’re researching influencer talent for a social campaign, filming an Instagram Story with editors, or analyzing performance data from past campaigns.
- Work across the BDG revenue organization on RFP-based pitches, establishing an insights-driven content and distribution strategy for each pitched brand campaign
- Partner with audience development and account management teams to ensure campaigns in progress are optimized; deliver learnings to wider revenue organization
- Creatively concept and produce social-first executions, which may include Instagram Stories, influencer activations, UGC campaigns, and content capture at live events
- Work closely with branded editorial and production teams to maximize social reach and engagement for each campaign, ensuring quality control in terms of social images, headlines, and custom social assets
- Keep up with new tools or guidelines from Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube — regularly bring these learnings back to the wider revenue organization
- Stay abreast of emerging social platforms and influencer talent to identify potential sales opportunities
- 7-8 years of content strategy experience (publisher, agency, or brand)
- Experience in hands-on content creation — this is not a project manager or agency producer position. At some point in your career you should have: written copy, developed creative briefs for clients, and/or captured social-first photo and video
- Ability to service the BDG sales team as a point of contact for client-facing relationships
- Experience in program development including concept development, message creation, integration with internal teams, weekly reporting and project management as neededStrong writing skills
- A positive, team-oriented attitude and strong interpersonal skills — you should be able to communicate across teams to find solutions whenever possible
- A proven ability to juggle multiple campaigns and initiatives at once
- An enthusiasm for BDG’s mission and the energy to work at a fast-paced company — a flexible, ambitious mind goes a long way!
- A keen interest in digital advertising at BDG and beyond
- Familiarity with paid social campaigns, particularly on Instagram and Facebook — you will not be directly managing but should understand how they work
- Experience at a social content agency
- Experience working with influencer talent, particularly in the fashion and beauty verticals
Bustle Digital Group is the largest premium publisher reaching millennial women. Every month, nearly 80 million readers turn to Bustle Digital Group publications — Bustle, Romper, Elite Daily, and The Zoe Report — for impactful conversation around the interests and issues engaging women today. Focusing on everything from pop culture to parenthood, Bustle Digital Group's content leverages the power of a diverse set of voices from coast to coast. Bustle Digital Group does business with over 300 global brands, and ranks among the most popular media companies with our demographic on social media. Bustle Digital Group was founded in 2013 and is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Los Angeles and London.