Social Media Assistant, Inverse/Input
Editorial – Social Media & Audience Development /
Bustle Digital Group is seeking a part-time Social Media Assistant to join our Culture & Innovation team, working specifically on Input, a one-stop-shop for fresh perspectives on the devices, creators, trends, and ideas that are changing our world; and Inverse, the internet’s coolest place to get smarter.
The ideal candidate should be a self-starter, capable of juggling many tasks, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. The Social Media Assistant will work closely with the Social Media Strategist for both brands, and be responsible for writing social copy, scheduling posts, and sometimes running analytics reports for both brands on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Other responsibilities may include helping to oversee social voice and strategy, social partnerships, creating original social content for our various channels, and working with the larger BDG social team on cross-brand initiatives.
Applicants should have a passion for science, tech, fashion, gaming, entertainment and internet culture; have advanced familiarity with leading social platforms (specifically Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook); and possess strong communication skills. A great work ethic, ability to take initiative and a deep understanding of Input and Inverse’s voices are a must.
- Execute day-to-day posting and scheduling for Input and Inverse on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages
- Regularly pitch new, innovative social concepts and ideas
- Use analytic tools to track growth and success across social channels
- 1-2 years experience working in social media
- Ability to write optimized, smart social copy
- Thorough understanding of Inverse’s and Input’s voices and a passion for using social platforms to reach audiences in innovative ways
- Ability to identify and apply emerging, on-brand trends to social strategy
- Advanced knowledge in consumer tech
- Some night and weekend availability required
- Excellent organizational skills
- Willingness to alter workflow with a sense of urgency
- Exceptional communication skills
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.