Card Story Editor, Inverse
New York, NY
Editorial – Inverse
Inverse is seeking a creative, visually-minded Editor to work part time with one of BDG’s most distinct editorial tools: the card story. Card stories are a unique, engaging, and highly visual way to tell a story, and the card story editor will work alone and with other section editors to experiment with the medium, whether through distinct angles that add context to the day’s biggest stories, standalone stories that have a unifying theme or through narratives that are engaging, surprising, and a little weird.
This is a part-time position in New York City.
- Work independently and with other section editors to experiment with the medium
- Comfortable leveraging data, visuals, video, and text to write four to five stories a week in a creative and thoughtful way
- Explore tools to make experimentation easy and push those tools into uncharted territories
- An editor who is attentive to and engaged with the daily news cycles in the realms of Science, Entertainment, Mind + Body, Gaming, and Culture. Basically: a science and fantasy superfan
- Sharp and concise writer and editor
- Have at least two years of digital publishing experience
- Visually and/or design minded
- Have some experience working with visual storytelling or Snap & IG stories at other publications
- Have experience with audio/video editing
- A team player willing to collaborate with section editors to craft stories that will fit seamlessly into Inverse coverage and areas of interest.
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Flavorpill Media, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, Romper, The Outline, Input and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, and London.