Senior Fashion Editor, Bustle
New York, NY
Editorial – Bustle
Bustle is looking for a Senior Fashion Editor to be the strategic and creative lead of the site's fashion content. The Fashion Editor will work closely with the Executive Editor to shape the brand’s style coverage and will be responsible for assigning, editing, and writing articles that appeal to Bustle’s audience via search and social platforms. The ideal candidate has strong news judgment, a knack for pushing stories forward with original reporting and thoughtful angles, and a love for developing younger talent.
Candidates should also have a sharp point of view on style and an eye for spotting trends before they’re all over everyone’s Instagram feed. A passion for the broader style issues impacting millennials today, from sustainability to inclusivity—and the ability to tell compulsively readable stories around those topics—is also a must.
An interest in and experience with securing exclusive interviews; producing in-house photoshoots; networking, nurturing and maintaining strong contacts within the fashion industry; and a desire to produce creative and impactful content is a must. Bustle’s fashion coverage is inclusive, informative, and fun.
- Edit or write 2 to 3 fashion stories a day (a mix of breaking news and in-depth profiles/Q&As, reported features, and photoshoots), managing a team of part-time writers and freelancers
- Represent Bustle at relevant market appointments and events, with an eye for on-site or social coverage opportunities
- Collaborate on Bustle’s fashion coverage for awards season and fashion weeks, planning and preparing far in advance for these tentpole events
- Use analytics tools to monitor performance, and adjust strategy accordingly
- Work closely with team members on ideation, site direction, and content package execution
- Collaborate with Market Editors and other stakeholders on executing in-house photoshoots that increase brand awareness and profile
- 5+ years fashion editing or writing experience in (ideally) digital media
- Deep understanding of best practices for search and social
- Ability to write and edit quickly without compromising brand integrity, voice, or mission
- Strong display writing and story packaging skills
- Contacts in the fashion industry
- Comfort networking and attending events on behalf of the brand
- A sense of fun, urgency, and a can-do attitude
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands - Bustle, Elite Daily, Flavorpill Media, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, Romper, The Outline, and The Zoe Report – to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, and London