Business & Operations – Commerce
Bustle Digital Group is seeking a part-time, remote Commerce Writer to create affiliate content about beauty, health, home, fashion, lifestyle, and sex and relationships for all of our digital properties (this can include Bustle, Elite Daily, Romper, Mic, Inverse, The Zoe Report, and Nylon). Writers will produce informative listicles and slideshows featuring products our readers will love across a wide range of categories (assignments can range from topics like “The Best Air Fryers” to “The Best Moisture-Wicking Underwear” to “The Best Products To Upgrade Your Bathroom For $35 Or Less.”)
The goal of this content is to compel readers to purchase the products that are suggested in the articles. The success of an article is measured based on the affiliate revenue it earns — this means a strong candidate needs to not only be an excellent writer, but they should be a great researcher and product marketer/salesperson, too.
The ideal candidate should have at least three years of experience writing for online or print publications, ideally within verticals across the lifestyle space, like beauty, consumer technology, home, apparel, kids, health, etc. Previous commerce or affiliate writing experience, SEO knowledge, and sales copy experience is a plus, but not required. Most importantly, candidates should be knowledgeable and passionate about researching products, especially those found on Amazon!
Candidates must be able to work remotely at least 2 to 4 full days per week, Monday through Friday, during business hours. Please do not apply UNLESS you have this availability — we don’t operate on weekend hours, so an ideal candidate is someone who is looking for a part-time role that offers competitive hourly rates.
Examples of Commerce Team Stories:
The 4 Best Soaps For Eczema
The 6 Best Undershirts For Sweat
The 3 Best Coffee Grinders Under $100
70 Brilliant Things On Amazon Prime We're Obsessed With
- Write assigned shopping guides and product roundups
- Align to SEO keyword strategies and best practices
- Do independent market research for assigned articles
- Proactively reach out to experts and sources as needed
- Work closely with your editor to ensure that articles are informative, conversational, and optimized for affiliate needs
- Availability to work remotely 2-4 full days per week during business hours, M-F (Do not apply unless you have this availability)
- 3+ years of editorial or copywriting experience
- Experience building copy and articles inside CMS
- Excellent time management and organization
Highly Preferred Qualifications
- Previous commerce or product reviews copywriting
- Experience reaching out to and interviewing experts by email or phone and being able to easily synthesize your reporting for readers
- Working remotely
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Flavorpill Media, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, Romper, The Outline, Input and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, and London.