Freelance Entertainment Writer, Bustle UK
Editorial – Bustle
Bustle UK is seeking remote Freelance Entertainment Writers to contribute on average 3-4 days a week. Writers should have a passion for pop culture, TV, music, film, and/or celebrity news, as well as a strong news judgment and a fun, witty voice. You’ll be confident delivering stories quickly and cleanly, with an inclusive, feminist perspective.
Ideal candidates should have at least 2+ years of experience in reporting, writing, and/or blogging.
Please note: this is a freelance role, and candidates must be UK or EU citizens.
- Cover breaking celebrity news in real-time
- Write assigned stories swiftly and reliably
- Provide thoughtful and unusual angles on entertainment topics
- Follow Bustle style and turn in crystal-clear, conversational copy
- Monitor social media and identify fresh, viral angles on top entertainment stories
- Be comfortable incorporating photos, videos, tweets, and memes naturally into stories
- Be able to write in a conversational tone that offers a unique point of view
- A passion for pop culture, TV, music, film, and/or celebrity news
- Pitch-perfect news judgement
- A strong voice and innovative ideas
- 2+ years reporting/blogging/writing experience
- Reliability, as regular output is required
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Flavorpill Media, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, Romper, The Outline, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, and London.