Lifestyle Writer, Romper
Editorial – Romper /
Romper is seeking a part-time Lifestyle Writer to contribute coverage about pregnancy, parenting, sex, health, fashion, astrology, and beauty in the form of researched articles/listicles and features with some light reporting. Applicants must demonstrate a proven interest in parenting media and make an effort to dig into the science of parenting/health topics, weaving in reputable experts and recent studies to support their writing. Ideal applicants will be able to anticipate the types of stories and questions our audience may be researching. An enthusiasm for and demonstrated experience in writing reported features from an inclusive and feminist perspective is encouraged.
Applicants should also be comfortable writing holiday-related content (caption ideas, family-friendly activities, gift guides, etc) and be familiar with SEO best practices.
A minimum commitment of at least two days per week is required. Writers will work remotely during business hours.
Applications without a cover letter and pitches will not be considered.
Examples of stories include:
- Write stories to appear on Romper.com
- Contribute specific lifestyle coverage
- Contribute to team ideas and brainstorms
- Passion for covering maternity health, pregnancy, and parenting
- At least 2+ years of writing experience for a lifestyle/parenting site
- A strong/unique voice and innovative ideas
- Ability to produce exciting, well-researched articles efficiently
- Strong reporting skills (have access to diverse, reputable medical experts and specialists)
- Availability to work remotely 2-3 days a week
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.