Entertainment/News Writer, Romper
UPDATE: Thank you so much for your interest in this position! Unfortunately, we have received several dozen applicants and have chosen to move forward with them at this time. That said, we encourage you to still apply to this position here. If we have additional openings, we will be in touch!
Romper is seeking part-time remote writers to contribute to its entertainment/ news team. The section focuses heavily on entertainment and celebrity news, so if you love the Kardashians or know everything about the Duggars, then please apply! But coverage also runs the gamut — from topics like the latest in maternal health to viral parenting news as well as trending political news. Writers should be comfortable writing about celebrities, but should also be able to handle political jargon and breaking news. Not all assignments will be parenting related!
Ideal candidates should hold a degree in journalism/communications or similar, and should have at least 2+ years of experience in reporting, writing, and/or blogging.
Please note: Applications without a cover letter and pitches will not be considered.
- An interest in the parenting space
- Ability to pitch creative, fresh story ideas and headlines on a daily basis relevant to Romper’s News vertical
- Pitch-perfect news judgement
- A strong voice and innovative ideas
- 2+ years reporting/blogging/writing experience
- Availability to work remotely at least two days a week, seven hour shifts each day (EST)
- Degree in journalism, communications, or related
- Solid experience in writing for digital media
- Write between three to four articles per shift with Romper’s voice and style
- Compile interesting and relevant pitches
- Write snappy and creative headlines