Senior Beauty Editor, The Zoe Report
New York, NY /
Editorial – The Zoe Report /
The Zoe Report is looking for a Senior Beauty Editor to lead the beauty content across the site. Working closely with the Editorial Director, the Editor will be creative, strategic, and agile in shaping the site's beauty coverage, and assign, edit, and write articles that are most pertinent for our readers and fortifies TZR's position in the beauty space.
The ideal candidate is deeply interested in all things beauty and how it's connected to identity and culture, and is always searching for innovative products and quality newness that excites our readers and serves their needs. From a buzzy new skincare line to the latest nail art, the Editor will be eagerly seeking out what works (and what doesn't) and reporting back.
The editor will expand the conversation on beauty, exploring topics that are new or underserved, highlighting emerging brands and talent, and reporting on real solutions to beauty concerns and its treatments.
- Assign and edit beauty stories submitted by part-time and freelance writers
- Write 2-3 beauty stories a week
- Oversee the beauty lineup, ensure steady workflow (draft submissions, lead image approval, editing), and communicate during weekly edit meetings new stories ideas and progress
- Ideate and pitch macro and micro beauty topics for the season
- Attend relevant market appointments and events, with an eye for on-site and social coverage opportunities
- Collaborate on beauty coverage for the awards season and fashion weeks, strategizing angles and talent to feature
- Actively seek new writers with a strong POV to add to TZR's rolodex, diversifying the voice across the beauty front
- Utilize analytics daily to strategize and pivot approach to content
- 6+ years experience in writing and/or editing in the beauty space, preferably in digital media
- Adept at best practices for search and social
- Ability to write and edit quickly, without compromising brand integrity and mission
- Established contact in the beauty industry (brands, MUA, stylists, estheticians, dermatologists)
- Natural ease in interacting with brands and clients, and actively network on behalf of TZR
- Collaborative, positive attitude, sense of urgency, and communicative
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.