Movies & Culture Writer, Bustle
Editorial – Bustle /
Bustle is seeking a remote, part-time Movies & Culture Writer to contribute both short-form service articles and longer interviews and features. Writers should have extensive knowledge of pop culture, strong news judgment and voice, and the ability to pitch timely, original content around trends in culture, be it new album releases or upcoming films. Demonstrated experience in interviewing talent and writing reported features and essays is a plus.
- Closely follow film, music, and culture news and trends, and pitch relevant stories
- Contribute weekly service posts and live coverage as needed
- Report and write interviews and features
- Voracious appetite for music, film, and pop culture in general
- A strong voice and innovative ideas
- Excellent research skills
- 2+ years reporting/writing experience
- Availability to work remotely at least 2 days a week
- Ability to meet deadlines
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.