General Night News Writer, Elite Daily
Editorial – Elite Daily
UPDATE: Thank you so much for your interest in this position! Unfortunately, we have received several dozen applicants and have chosen to move forward with them at this time. That said, we encourage you to still apply to this position here. If we have additional openings, we will be in touch!
Elite Daily is seeking a remote Part-Time General News Writer available nights and weekends. This position will be covering primarily news/politics and entertainment news, so candidates should be as comfortable writing about health care policy as they are about Kylie Jenner’s latest Instagram. Ideally, we’re looking for someone who can make health care policy as entertaining as Kylie Jenner’s latest Instagram, and bring something new to the discussion for both!
A minimum commitment of at least 3 days per week in the afternoon and evening ET is required, although the position could be 4 days a week as well. Writers will work remotely. You should be able to fill three shifts on the following schedule: Monday-Sunday 3pm-10pm ET
Please submit a resume and cover letter that tells us a bit about who you are and why you’d be a great fit for the team! Please include a link to one published writing sample with your application.
- Pitch daily and breaking news
- Create 3-5 daily posts, covering both news/politics and breaking entertainment news
- Pitch, source, and write original and reported stories
- Strong voice, unique ideas, and the ability to not completely force your views on readers
- Versatility across subjects from politics to celebrity news to viral stories, with a preference for experience in news/politics
- Twitter addiction regrettably preferred
- Availability to work remotely at least three days a week
- 2+ years reporting/blogging/writing experience
- Knowledge of AP style is a plus