Senior Beauty Editor, Bustle
New York, NY /
Editorial – Bustle /
Bustle is looking for a Senior Beauty Editor to manage the day-to-day operations of Bustle's beauty vertical. The editor should have a passion for all the beauty topics impacting the lives of millennial women, from the aesthetic (hair, makeup, skincare) to the broader issues our readers are passionate about (anything from sustainability to inclusivity). The editor should possess an insatiable desire to make Bustle the first and only beauty destination for young people, whether that takes the form of making a product recommendation or showing them a genius hack to solve a beauty problem. The editor will need to show a natural sense of urgency, strong news judgment, polished editing skills, and a passion for developing young talent.
The editor is responsible for leading a team of journalists to produce beauty articles that are authoritative, well-sourced, and comprehensive. The editor should be well-versed in search and social traffic strategies and have a knack for pushing stories forward with original reporting and thoughtful angles.
- Work closely with the Senior Lifestyle & Beauty Editor to establish and refine Bustle’s unique voice, POV, and mission in the beauty space
- Edit or write 5 beauty stories a day (a mix of breaking news, service, and in-depth profiles/Q&As and reported features), managing a team of part-time writers and freelancers
- Use analytics tools to monitor performance, and adjust strategy accordingly
- Work closely with team members on ideation, site direction, and content package execution
- Represent Bustle at relevant market appointments and events, with an eye for on-site or social coverage opportunities
- 5+ years beauty editing and writing experience in (ideally) digital media
- Deep understanding of best practices for search and social
- Ability to write and edit quickly without compromising brand integrity, voice, or mission
- Strong display of writing and story packaging skills
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Network and attend industry events as a representative of Bustle
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.