Fashion & Beauty Writer, Elite Daily
Editorial – Elite Daily
Elite Daily is seeking a remote, part-time writer to cover fashion- and beauty-specific news, service, experiments, and first-person essays for the Style vertical. Candidates must have availability to work Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays during business hours.
Elite Daily readers are experimental with style and beauty and are curious about all sorts of fashion- and beauty-related news and trends, so interested applicants should be, too. We're looking for writers who are willing to quickly cover the latest product drops, fashion and beauty trend roundups, celebrity fashion and beauty news, the newest viral Instagram trends, and more. Writers should be eager to test out the latest, greatest, and sometimes totally absurd products and write up contextual product reviews with original photos.
The ideal candidate should also be an experienced, voice-y writer who is in-the-know about the hottest fashion-and-beauty stories of the day. Bonus points if you follow celebrities’ every move on social media, and if you’re not only one to know, but already own, the next viral product of the season.
Candidates should have ready-to-share, published writing clips (personal blogs count!) and experience working in a fast-paced, digital environment. In your cover letter, please tell us your favorite fashion and beauty topics to cover, as well as your favorite sources for fashion and beauty news. We're especially looking for writers who approach style from a totally body-positive, confident, unique, diverse, and inclusive point of view.
This is a remote, part-time position.
- 1-2 years of fashion and/or beauty writing experience, preferably in the digital realm (experience with headline writing is a plus)
- Ability to write flawless copy with a quick turnaround time
- An established portfolio of published clips
- Eagerness to jump on breaking and trending news stories in the fashion and beauty sphere
- Knowledge of AP Style
- Available to work remotely 3 days per week
- Sweep the internet for trending fashion and beauty stories
- Pitch article ideas with unique angles and headlines
- Create and publish 3-4 stories per day
- Attend industry events as needed
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands - Bustle, Elite Daily, Flavorpill Media, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, Romper, The Outline, and The Zoe Report – to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, and London