Astrology Writer, Bustle
Editorial – Bustle /
Bustle is seeking a remote, part-time writer/astrologer, to cover astrology events (full moons and retrogrades), service (what your Mars sign means), and pop culture tie-ins (Joe Biden & Kamala Harris’ astrological compatibility). Day-to-day responsibilities include pitching and writing original articles (both short turnaround and longer lead). Examples of the kinds of articles you’d work on include:
Some stories will require the writer to find sources (fellow astrologers, psychics, tarot card readers, numerologists, etc.) and conduct phone interviews. The ideal candidate is creative, familiar with the Bustle voice, and able to produce high-quality, accurate copy in a fast-paced environment. A network of industry contacts and go-to experts is a plus.
Candidates must have availability to work up to 12-14 hours per week during business hours ET on Wednesdays and Fridays. The writer will work remotely and communicate with the Associate Lifestyle Editor during their shift.
- Pitch on-brand story ideas daily
- Write 2-3 stories daily comprising a mix of pitches and assignments
- Track down sources and conduct interviews
- Maintain correspondence with editor throughout shift
- Manage multiple articles at a time, switching between topics when necessary
- Stay up-to-date on the latest astrology trends
- Update existing astrology content
- Applicants must be an astrologer and should have at least 2 years experience covering astrology, including timely events and evergreen explainers, at an online publication
- Ability to turn in clean, well-sourced, accurate copy in a timely fashion
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
- A sense for what makes a Bustle story
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.