Fashion & Beauty Writer, Elite Daily
Editorial – Elite Daily
Elite Daily is seeking remote, part-time Fashion and Beauty Writers to cover news, service, experiments, first-person essays, and reported pieces for the Fashion & Beauty vertical. Candidates must have availability to work 3-4 full days per week during business hours.
Elite Daily readers are experimental with style and beauty and are curious about all sorts of news and trends, so interested applicants should be, too. We're looking for writers who are willing to quickly cover the latest product drops, celebrity news, and the newest viral Instagram trends from every angle. Writers should be eager to test out the latest, greatest (and sometimes totally absurd) products and write up contextual product reviews with original photos and GIFs. The ideal candidate should also be an experienced, voice-y writer who is able to speak to women positively and who is in-the-know about the hottest beauty stories of the day. Bonus points if you follow celebrities’ every move on social media like your life depends on it, and if you’re not only one to know, but already own the next viral product of the season.
Candidates should have ready-to-share, published writing clips (personal blogs count!), experience working in a fast-paced, digital environment, and a love of all things makeup, hair, and skin care. In your cover letter, please tell us your favorite beauty topics to cover, as well as your favorite sources for beauty news. We're especially looking for writers who approach beauty from a totally body-positive, confident, unique, diverse, and inclusive point of view.
- Sweep the internet for trending fashion and beauty stories
- Pitch article ideas with unique angles to editor
- Work with editor to create and publish 3-4 stories per day
- 1-2 years of writing experience, preferably in the digital realm (experience with headline writing is a plus)
- Ability to write flawless copy with a quick turnaround time
- An established portfolio of published clips
- Eagerness to jump on breaking and trending news stories in the beauty sphere
- Knowledge of AP Style
- Available to work remotely at least 3-4 days per week
- Bachelor’s degree