Senior Editor, Bustle UK
Editorial – Bustle
Bustle Digital Group is looking for a Senior Editor to oversee the strategy and execution of Bustle’s UK edition. The candidate should have a passion for the Bustle brand and be comfortable leading a team of editors creating entertainment, fashion, and lifestyle content for a British audience.
The Senior Editor will need to manage a team, decide what’s worth our coverage, and work with U.S.-based editorial management on developing the strategy and creative vision behind Bustle's UK content. They should be adept at top editing articles when needed, as well as brainstorming ways to grow audience and strengthen our brand presence overseas.
Since Bustle UK's Senior Editor would also be tasked with representing Bustle at networking and sales events, candidates should have a deep understanding of Bustle's voice and mission. A positive attitude and collaborative spirit is also a must.
- Manage a team of editors and their daily coverage
- Secure exclusives, features, and oversee all premium contentMonitor traffic and oversee Bustle UK’s audience strategy
- Collaborate with U.S. based management on overall strategy and vision
- Represent Bustle UK at industry events and help grow the brand’s profile
- 5+ years editing experience, in lifestyle, fashion, or entertainment content
- Experience synthesizing traffic, trends, and brand to best select stories
- Pitch-perfect news judgment
- The ability to generate, assign, and edit relevant thought-provoking features quickly and efficiently
- Strong attention to detail
- Extensive SEO experience
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands - Bustle, Elite Daily, Flavorpill Media, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, Romper, The Outline, and The Zoe Report – to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, and London