Associate Editor, Bustle United Kingdom
Editorial – Bustle
Bustle Digital Group is looking for an Associate Editor who can help oversee the day-to-day, hour-to-hour, minute-to-minute pace of Bustle UK’s daily news, entertainment, fashion, beauty, and lifestyle coverage. The Associate Editor will be the third member of the Bustle UK editorial team, and will report into the Executive Editor.
The Associate Editor will have strong line editing skills, a passion to learn more about audience development, and a strong understanding of the Bustle reader. The Associate Editor will help decide what’s worth our coverage, anticipate news and plan for it, and help manage a team of part-time writers and freelancers. The Associate Editor will oversee roughly 10 stories a day, Monday through Friday, and will also help strategize about editorial direction.
*This role is based in the U.K*
- Help manage a team of 3-5 writers and their daily coverage (including story selection, headlines, and angles) alongside News & Features Editor
- Edit 10 daily stories, ranging from news to evergreen content
- Monitor the internet for relevant news that would appeal to the Bustle UK audience and identify unique angles on those stories
- Assist in coverage of live and breaking events
- Monitor daily traffic for Bustle UK, and suggests strategy adjustments
- 1-2 years editing experience, preferably in entertainment
- Experience synthesizing traffic, trends, and brand to best select stories on a micro and macro scale
- Pitch-perfect news judgment
- The ability to generate, assign, and edit relevant thought-provoking angles and - analysis of news topics quickly and efficiently
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Knowledge of SEO best practice
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Flavorpill Media, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, Romper, The Outline, Input and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, and London.