Video Game News Writer, Inverse
Editorial – Inverse
Inverse has an immediate opening for a video games writer who can cover breaking news in the world of video games -- new trailers, hardware, updates/DLC -- and most importantly, have the knowledge base to inform a sharp, articulate perspective that gives people the context they’re looking for. A strong opinion about everything, from the best Zelda game to whether Hideo Kojima is a genius or just trolling us, is a must.
We’re looking for someone who’s plugged into the space: They know where to find news, whether it be in fan forums, patent filings, from industry sources, or in between the lines of bigger stories. Someone who looks for what’s excluded in a big story just as much as what’s included will be a perfect fit.
We’re looking for someone who can help answer if a video game is worth your time, in addition to your money.
- 2-3 500 to 600-word stories per 6-hour shift.
- Contribute to collaborative feature projects (guides, roundups, etc.).
- 2-4 years’ experience writing about video games
- Ability to work sometimes weird hours to accomodate for news and events.
- Must pitch story ideas + angles for how to cover them
- Conversely, must be receptive to receiving assignments as needed
- Have a high metabolism for the news cycle.
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Flavorpill Media, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, Romper, The Outline, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, and London.