Senior Manager, Office Operations
New York, NY /
Business & Operations – Operations /
Bustle Digital Group is seeking a Senior Manager, Office Operations to oversee facilities operations for our three NYC offices and all remote employees. This role will be responsible for oversight and office maintenance, including supervising the office support staff and ensuring that services are provided with a focus on exceptional customer service to clients, vendors and internal staff. The ideal candidate should be comfortable jumping from executive support and high-level decision making to hands-on office tasks at any given time in this busy and growing workplace.
This is a great opportunity to lead an effective team, contribute to a high growth environment, strengthen both operational and technical processes and help shape BDG’s culture and operations. We're looking for someone who brings a high level of empathy, enthusiasm, and creativity to our team. The ideal candidate is someone who can prioritize, research, and solve problems on their own, while also collaborating with a multitude of teams across the organization. This role reports to the Executive Vice President of Human Resources.
- Lead all aspects of office operations and facilities management, including:
- Liaising with individual office management teams at BDG offices across New York City.
- Point of contact for any build out, moving or space furniture needs
- Point of contact for all office related vendors, such as but not limited to, cleaning contractors, maintenance requests and repairs, cleaning vendors, pantry and office supply vendors, etc.
- Leading team to receive/distribute mail and prepare FedEx/UPS packages when necessary. Liaise with reception and visitors, both internal and external, with the goal of improving service delivery and efficiencies. Create, articulate and implement management strategies distilled from numerous information services
- Assisting off-site/remote employees with home office supply needs
- Ensuring office and pantry supplies are well-stocked and organized
- Responsible for data management, including review of existing contracts for updating and renewal purposes, and keeping reference documents updated at current revision levels
- Assist in the development and management of annual operational and capital budgets for facilities and office services
- Assist with and submit organizational expenses through the Company’s Expenses management system
- Manage office operations staff and ensure the smooth operation of each BDG office. Review and update existing processes and procedures and make recommendations for improvement
- Key member of the Incident Response/Crisis Management Support Team which helps identify potential/immediate impacts, assess and restore operational capabilities and implement required safeguards. Must be available, as needed for any critical incidents affecting the building facilities.
- Lead BDG’s COVID response team, made up of BDG employees across teams to solve and plan for BDG’s next chapter of work impacted by COVID-19
- Manage new hire orientation and onboarding process in coordination with HR and IT teams
- Contribute to BDG culture and lead internal employee engagement events including happy hours, all-hands, off-site meetings, etc.
- Provide employee support across the organization and be able to answer a myriad of employee questions
- 5 + years experience in real estate/facilities/property management
- Experience managing teams
- Excellent MS Office suite applications skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Strong project management, interpersonal, and communications skills, both written and verbal
- Team player with a positive attitude, the ability to maintain confidential information, exercise good judgment, make decisions and enforce the firm’s policies and procedures
- Due to the nature of this role, this candidate must be willing to work extended hours, when necessary, and serve as one of the primary contacts for building related issues in the New York office
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.