Senior Entertainment Editor, Bustle
New York, NY /
Editorial – Bustle /
Bustle is seeking a Senior Entertainment Editor to help oversee the tone and scope of Bustle’s Entertainment coverage. As well as managing a team of editors, this role will be responsible for guiding traffic analysis and strategizing future coverage plans based on data insights. The ideal candidate will be a first-rate line editor with a strong voice and a clear understanding of how to speak to the Bustle reader in a smart, authoritative way.
The role will also involve finding and cultivating diverse voices for the section, assigning and editing trend pieces, think pieces, and personal and researched essays on timely pop culture topics. The ideal candidate will be passionate about being the first to tell a story, and skilled at taking trending topics and using them as inspiration for smart, creative, and unexpected content. Bustle's Entertainment section is crucial to shaping the voice and identity of the site, and we are looking for someone who is excited about using our platform to communicate with millennial women on the issues that they care about most.
Ideal candidates will have experience managing a team of full-time editors and a wide network of writers whose talents they would like to bring to Bustle. Applicants must be available to work Monday-Friday (remotely for the time being, but from our New York office upon reopening), with occasional night or weekend coverage for live events like award shows. This role reports to the Deputy Editor, Entertainment.
- Manage a team of editors to ensure coverage is relevant to our readership
- Broadly manage part-time writer staffing and workflow by guiding and working closely with junior editors and their writers
- Monitor assignments and traffic, identifying, suggesting, and implementing strategy adjustments where and when necessary
- Assign and edit interviews, exclusives, in depth features
- Build relationships with publicists and networks
- 5+ years experience in entertainment coverage and feature editing
- Deep knowledge of pop culture
- Experience managing a team
- First-rate editing skills and an ability to execute against tight deadlines
- Ability to spot a trending topic, and assign relevant thought-provoking angles and in-depth analysis
- Experience working with traffic insights and optimizing stories for growth
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.