Weekend Entertainment News Writer, Bustle
Editorial – Bustle /
Bustle is seeking a remote, part-time Entertainment News Writer to contribute between two and four six-hour shifts per week, with two of these at the weekend. Writers should have extensive knowledge of pop culture — a love of the Bachelor franchise and/or TikTok is a plus — strong news judgment, familiarity with SEO and the Bustle tone, and the ability to write quickly and cleanly. Flexibility is also key.
Ideal should have 2+ years of experience in reporting, writing, and/or blogging, specializing in entertainment or celebrity writing.
- Find and pitch fun angles on celebrity and entertainment news stories that will appeal to Bustle audiences
- Produce 3 articles minimum per shift
- Write quickly and cleanly in the event of breaking news
- Optional: occasional live coverage of award shows and/or TV
- Good news judgment & the ability to give a news item a fresh angle
- SEO knowledge
- A passion for pop culture, TV, movies, film, books, and celebrities
- 2+ years reporting/blogging/writing experience
- Availability to work remotely minimum 2 days a week
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.