Associate Entertainment News Editor, Evenings, Elite Daily
Editorial – Elite Daily
Elite Daily is seeking a full-time Associate Entertainment News Editor to join its Entertainment team. This editor will manage a team of writers, assist in live event coverage (including, but not limited to: TV shows, new music and album releases, award shows, celebrity relationships news, baby news, and more), conduct interviews, and work to ensure that Elite Daily’s timely, thoughtful, and unique celebrity coverage is humorous, relatable, and wholly on brand. Elite Daily is looking someone who can anticipate viral moments and theories in TV shows and movies. The Associate Entertainment News Editor must understand which shows are important to Elite Daily’s audience and be able to deliver articles from the point of view our readers want.
Are you an entertainment junkie who can name every Kylie Jenner lip kit? Do you daydream about what went wrong in Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber’s relationship? Are you just as comfortable figuring out what the heck is going on in Game of Thrones as you are dissecting a Jersey Shore: Family Vacation squabble? Do you know the details of Taylor Swift’s new album before anyone else? Is your free time spent searching through her lyrics for hidden pop culture references? If so, then Elite Daily’s Associate Entertainment News Editor position is just for you.
Interested candidates should be extremely responsive to the 24/7 news cycle, eager to deliver the news to like-minded readers quickly and expertly, thrive in breaking entertainment news situations, and display an ability to confidently take a trending topic and use it as inspiration for creative, original, and fun content.
This position is full-time, and based remotely; however, NYC or LA based candidates are preferred.
- Manage a team of 3-5 writers and their daily news coverage (including story selection, headlines, and angles)
- Edit daily news stories and evergreen content
- Sweep the internet for relevant news that would appeal to the Elite Daily audience and identify unique angles on those stories
- Assist in coverage of live and breaking events
- Work closely with Elite Daily’s TV & Movies Editor to ensure we have full coverage on all the shows our audience loves
- Identify new shows and movies that Elite Daily readers will be excited to watch and read about
- 1-2 years editing or writing experience, preferably in entertainment
- Must be available to work evenings Monday-Friday
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- A deep understanding and passion for celebrities and the entertainment industry
- The ability to generate, assign, and edit an array of celebrity topics quickly and efficiently
- Some experience managing writers
- Pitch-perfect news judgment