Senior Lifestyle Editor, Elite Daily
New York, NY
Editorial – Elite Daily
Elite Daily is hiring a dynamic Senior Lifestyle Editor to oversee the day-to-day operations of our Experiences vertical. From daily horoscopes to Instagram captions, our Experiences vertical brings readers the tools they need to live their best lives. This editor will manage full-time editors as well as a small team of their own freelance and part-time writers to ensure our coverage of astrology, travel, wellness, culture, and holidays is optimized to appeal to our millennial readership.
The ideal candidate is a multitasker who understands what it’s like to be a millennial woman with varied interests. We’re looking for someone to be the creative and strategic lead in our coverage of: astrology and the zodiac; new-age spirituality; health and wellness trends; and fun-loving, experiential travel. The Senior Lifestyle Editor should have management experience and should be comfortable assigning, content editing, copyediting, and directing a mix of coverage within our Experiences vertical.
When not working with their team to package and deliver the day’s content, the Senior Lifestyle Editor will oversee the section’s content calendar and content series and will work alongside the Managing Editor and other departments to execute our digital issues.
- Monitor assignments and traffic in the Experiences section, suggesting and implementing strategy adjustments where and when necessary
- Work with and manage editor(s) to ensure coverage is on-brand
- Manage a small team of part-time writers, assigning daily and weekly zodiac coverage
- Work with freelance writers to ensure coverage of trending health and wellness topics on a monthly basis
- Help organize part-time employee workflow
- Oversee editorial calendar and content series, as well as coverage for annual holidays and events
- A passion for astrology and new-age spirituality
- Knowledge of health and wellness trends that speak to the Elite Daily reader
- Experience working with freelancers
- Experience leading a team and meeting deadlines
- Experience analyzing content using GA, Chartbeat, or other analytics tools
- A desire to reach the millennial audience in a unique way