Fashion and Beauty News Editor, Bustle
New York, NY
Editorial – Bustle
Bustle Digital Group is seeking an editor to oversee fashion and beauty news on Bustle.
The candidate should have a passion for the Bustle brand and be comfortable managing a team of part-time writers to create daily content, including breaking fashion and beauty news, market roundups, service articles, and celebrity style coverage. The ideal candidate should be excited about producing high-quality work in a fast-paced, news environment. They should also have a strong interest in pop culture as it relates to fashion and beauty.
Since this position would also be tasked with representing Bustle at networking events, candidates should have an understanding of Bustle's voice and mission. A positive attitude and collaborative spirit is also a must.
This role is based in New York City and remote applicants will not be considered.
- Manage a team of part-time writers to produce high quality posts while owning Bustle's daily fashion and beauty news coverage
- Work with the Executive and Senior Editors to secure exclusives with brands
- Work with the Executive Editor to monitor traffic and optimize news coverage
- Collaborate with Bustle's Entertainment Editors to produce fashion and beauty content tied to pop culture moments
- Oversee live event coverage, including award shows and the Met Gala
- Represent Bustle at industry events, such as brand previews and networking opportunities
- 3-5 years experience producing fashion and beauty content, ideally with editing experience
- Strong news judgment
- A passion for the fashion and beauty industries, particularly as it connects with celebrity/entertainment content
- Ability to produce high-quality work in a fast-paced news environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- SEO experience is needed
- Must be based in NYC
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands - Bustle, Elite Daily, Flavorpill Media, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, Romper, The Outline, and The Zoe Report – to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, and London