Lifestyle Trends & Holidays Writer, Bustle
Editorial – Bustle
Bustle is seeking a remote, part-time writer to cover trending food, holidays, and viral moments for the Lifestyle vertical. Day-to-day responsibilities include pitching and writing 3-4 stories daily. Coverage includes holiday gift guides, topical Instagram caption roundups, deals and freebies, as well as timely news briefs around Starbucks releases, nostalgic comebacks, and the newest Trader Joe’s obsession.
The ideal candidate is creative, familiar with the Bustle voice, and able to produce high-quality, accurate copy in a fast-paced environment. A passion for internet trends and pop culture is crucial for this role. Having an established list of PR contacts is a plus.
Candidates must have availability to remotely work Monday, Tuesday and Friday during business hours EST.
- Pitch on-brand story ideas at the top of each shift
- Write 3-4 viral news briefs or service stories
- Ability to submit clean, fact-checked copy, and accept feedback
- Stay up-to-date on the latest viral trends and pop culture news
- Update older holiday content
- 2+ years of experience in writing for digital publications
- Strong writing and communication skills, attention to detail, and a fun voice
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
- Experience tracking down sources, images, and press releases
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Flavorpill Media, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, Romper, The Outline, Input and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, and London.