Senior Social Media Editor, Romper
New York, NY
Editorial – Romper
Romper is seeking a dynamic Senior Social Editor to join our team. Romper is dedicated to bringing a new generation of women into motherhood, in real time. The ideal candidate should be a self-starter, capable of juggling many tasks, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. The Senior Social Editor will own Romper’s social media strategy across platforms, including but not limited to Instagram (feed, Stories, and IGTV), Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
Other responsibilities will include overseeing social voice and strategy, social partnerships, analytics reports, assisting with social strategy tied to Romper’s digital issues, creating original social content for our various channels, and working with the larger BDG social team on cross brand initiatives.
Applicants should have advanced familiarity with leading social platforms, specifically Instagram/Instagram Stories and Facebook, and strong communication skills. Experience managing a publisher and/or a brand's social media page is a requirement. A great work ethic, ability to take initiative, and a deep understanding of the Romper voice is a must.
- Lead Romper’s social strategy across platforms
- Create, produce, and execute recurring Instagram Story series
- Manage Romper’s Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest pages
- Assist with strategy and execution of Romper’s digital issues throughout the year
- Regularly pitch new, innovative social concepts and ideas
- Use analytic tools to track growth and success across social channels and manage weekly reporting
- 3-5+ years experience working in social media
- Ability to write snappy, smart social copy
- Thorough understanding of Romper’s voice and a passion for using social platforms to reach our audience in innovative ways
- Ability to identify and apply emerging, on-brand trends to Romper's social strategy
- Advanced knowledge of social analytics tools
- Some night and weekend availability required
- Excellent organizational skills
- Willingness to alter workflow with a sense of urgency
- Exceptional communication skills
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands - Bustle, Elite Daily, Flavorpill Media, Gawker, Mic, NYLON, Romper, The Outline, and The Zoe Report – to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, and London