Politics News Writer, Elite Daily
Editorial – Elite Daily
Elite Daily is seeking a remote, part-time writer to cover News & Politics for our News vertical. Day-to-day responsibilities include pitching, writing, and fact-checking 3 stories daily, with opportunities for longer-form features, original reporting, and breaking news coverage. Topics of coverage will include general politics, the Trump administration, and women & LGBTQ+ focused issues.
The ideal candidate will have a distinct personal voice and perspective on the news, be comfortable handling multiple projects at once, and be just as enthusiastic about writing deep dives into reproductive health care policy as they are covering the latest viral politics tweet. Candidates must have availability to work remotely three days per week, Monday through Thursday, during normal Eastern Time business hours.
- Pitch and write 3 stories daily that are relevant to the Elite Daily audience
- Work directly with editors to brainstorm and ideate unique angles on current trending topics
- Effectively package posts for both search and social optimization, with enticing headlines and teasers
- Exceptional writing and storytelling ability, with a distinct voice
- 1+ year(s) of experience covering breaking news and politics, preferably for a millennial audience
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
- Fluency with the political landscape and major news topics, including but not limited to health care and reproductive rights, the Trump administration, and social justice issues (gender issues, race issues, disability issues, etc.)
- Enthusiasm for and understanding of women’s media, including the issues important to young women today
- Knowledge of AP Style a plus
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands - Bustle, Elite Daily, Flavorpill Media, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, Romper, The Outline, and The Zoe Report – to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, and London