Manager, Brand Strategy
New York, NY
Business & Operations – Sales & Marketing
Bustle Digital Group is looking for a strategic and creative thinker to join the Brand Strategy team. The ideal candidate will have excellent verbal and written skills with the ability to multitask. Strong communication as well as presentation skills are ideal and must be able to pitch ideas and onboard others toward a common strategic goal.
The Manager will ultimately have exceptional storytelling skills with an ability to execute visually impactful presentations and programs across categories such as: retail, entertainment, books, travel, CPG, etc.
- Create innovative and strategic marketing proposals during the RFP process and for client- specific asks, working with cross-departmental liaisons to position BDG as an innovative thought leader in the marketplace
- Collaborate with the Brand Marketing, Branded Content, Design, Experiential, and Sales Team to ideate campaigns, programs, and big ideas across all verticals within the Women’s Lifestyle
- Collection (e.g., Bustle, Elite Daily, NYLON, Romper, and The Zoe Report) and the Culture and
- Innovation Collection (e.g., MIC, Inverse, Input, and The Outline)
- Ideate never-been-done-before big ideas, enabling advertisers to connect with our readers through unique content ideas, custom experiential executions, and engaging products, etc.
- Develop new sales marketing collateral using industry, marketing and third party research to measure the impact and tell the BDG story
- Utilize measurement tools and research to add relevant, trustworthy data to proposals
- Ensure all elements are handled according to process and schedule, including turnover of sold programs to the Post Sale team
- Stay abreast of industry & competitive news, unique advertiser programs and digital innovations, presenting the best ideas to the team
- Develop extensive category knowledge: Read articles, research the marketplace, and relay knowledge back to the Client Solutions team and Account Executives
- Attend client calls when necessary to ideate and expand on the creative marketing idea
- 3-5+ years of digital marketing experience or digital strategy in a related field or company
- Strategic/creative thinker with excellent verbal and written skills; ability to multi-task
- Exceptional creative writing and storytelling skills with an ability to execute visually impactful presentations across categories such as: retail, entertainment, books, travel, CPG, etc.
- Strong communication as well as presentation skills; must be able to pitch ideas and onboard others toward a common strategic goal
- Effective organizational skills with an ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- True self-starter – provides proactive ideas and listens to sales needs to take each idea further
- Ability to communicate, monitor insights and use data to enhance marketing offerings
- Strong knowledge of digital sales and marketing dynamics and processes
- Proficiency in Keynote, MS Office, SnagIt, and experience with research tools such as: Google
- Analytics, comScore, Quantcast, and/or Shareablee
- Advertising or publishing experience
- Agency experience, strategizing for all lifestyle verticals, specifically
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands - Bustle, Elite Daily, Flavorpill Media, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, Romper, The Outline, and The Zoe Report – to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, and London