New York, NY
Business & Operations – Sales & Marketing
Bustle Digital Group is seeking a Sales Planner to join our New York City team. Candidates must be organized, detail oriented, and a self-starter, looking to leverage their analytical and problem-solving abilities in a creative environment. This is an analytical yet creative position which supports the Sales teams and their clients. You'll help develop compelling, customized proposals to refine how we position our products and help achieve our revenue objectives.
This is an ideal role for anyone looking to continue breaking into the business side of interactive media and is eager to join an exuberant, growing and energetic team.
- Strategize and develop media plans from inception to completion, understanding the role of inventory in addition to the KPIs and metrics behind our product offering
- Build cohesive media plans, small tier marketing proposals, and research stories, better aligning the client’s objectives with our offering across all categories
- Manage client requests throughout the RFP process, inclusive of: media plan updates and budget revisions, distribution asks, marketplace and industry information, production creative specs, timeline development, etc.
- Develop or update sales marketing collateral using industry, marketing and third party research to measure the impact and tell the BDG story, while analyzing competitive brand positioning
- Ideate new, never-been-done-before ways for advertisers to connect with our readers through strategic media placements aligned to the brand and/or flight
- Utilize measurement tools to add relevant, trustworthy data to presentations and proposals
- Create detailed project work orders for each signed advertising insertion order, handing the presale media over to the ad operations team to execute
- Enter approved media plans into Operative One, our order management system, to prepare the campaign for post-sale teams to takeover the campaign management.
- Provide POVs on various media topics and provide a creative and strategic approach to the creation of media
- Manage interdepartmental workflow to ensure that all elements are handled according to process and schedule
- 1+ years of media planning experience in a related field or company
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Expertise in media planning and ad product best practices
- Knowledge in the variety of digital campaign KPIs and how to create plans that meet those performance goals
- Experience developing and executing brand campaigns across digital advertising
- Proficiency in MS Office and experience with research tools such as: Google Analytics and comScore.
- Experience using Google Ad Manager or Quantcast would be a plus
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Flavorpill Media, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, Romper, The Outline, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, and London.