Celebrity Writer, The Zoe Report
Editorial – The Zoe Report
UPDATE: Thank you so much for your interest in this position! Unfortunately, we have received several dozen applicants and have chosen to move forward with them at this time. That said, we encourage you to still apply to this position here. If we have additional openings, we will be in touch!
The Zoe Report is seeking remote, part-time Celebrity Writers to cover celebrity news and features for our celebrity vertical 3-4 days per week. Day-to-day responsibilities include working closely with the Celebrity Editor to pitch and write celebrity and entertainment-driven content, including quick news hits, long-lead features, and smart evergreen roundups that appeal to TZR's audience via search and social platforms.
A sense of urgency, strong news judgement, and attention to which stories and angles resonate with the audience are essential, along with a desire to continue building TZR’s identity as style-forward, smart, inclusive place for all women. The ideal candidate is passionate about writing, celebrities, and entertainment and can produce multiple articles per day. Experience in a fast-paced digital newsroom environment and a desire to produce productive and creative content that gets seen is a must.
- Write 3-4 celebrity stories per day
- Keep a finger on the pulse of all things celebrity news via Twitter, press releases, and exclusive announcements via your professional network
- Work closely with team members during tentpole events, such as awards season and fashion weeks
- 2+ years of celebrity writing experience in digital media
- Familiarity with best practices for search and social
- Ability to write quickly, without compromising brand integrity or mission
- Contacts in the fashion/beauty industry
- A sense of fun, urgency, and a can-do attitude
Bustle Digital Group is the largest premium publisher reaching millennial women. Every month, nearly 80 million readers turn to Bustle Digital Group publications — Bustle, Romper, Elite Daily, and The Zoe Report — for impactful conversation around the interests and issues engaging women today. Focusing on everything from pop culture to parenthood, Bustle Digital Group's content leverages the power of a diverse set of voices from coast to coast. Bustle Digital Group does business with over 300 global brands, and ranks among the most popular media companies with our demographic on social media. Bustle Digital Group was founded in 2013 and is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Los Angeles and London.