Fashion Market Editor, BDG Lifestyle
New York, NY /
Editorial – BDG /
Bustle Digital Group is seeking a Fashion Market Editor to work across all of BDG’s lifestyle sites (Bustle, Nylon, TZR, Romper & Elite Daily). BDG’s fashion coverage is inclusive, informative, and fun and it speaks to a wide audience.
The Market Editor will work closely with the Fashion Team and the BDG Creative Team to execute creative concepts for shoots and will be responsible for securing fashion for features and celebrity cover shoots. Candidates for this role should be a team player with a sharp point of view on fashion, style, and trends. The ideal applicant should be highly organized, deadline-oriented, and should have strong relationships within the industry with both designers and publicists.
- Knowledge and strong brand relationships within the fast fashion and luxury market
- Collaborate and communicate on projects, shoots, stories both internally to our team and externally to publicists & designers
- Liaise with external PR/Sales Teams to secure samples in line with the proposed mood board as needed for shoots
- Work closely and on a tight shoot schedule to ensure fashion market for shoot concepts are executed in a timely manner
- Style in-house shoots where needed, and occasionally contribute to SEO/market stories as needed
- Research and create beauty & fashion boards as needed
- Work with sales team to ensure fashion sales and brand strategy goals are aligned with fashion market coverage across BDG
- Maintain, update, and organize seasonal market assets for BDG (includes Lookbook and Campaign Seasonal Catalogue, BDG Market & PR Contact Database, and Sales Lists)
- Insert and keep track of fashion credits for shoots
- 5+ years fashion market editing, styling experience in either print (ideally) and/or digital media
- Deep understanding of the luxury and contemporary fashion market
- Ability to secure samples for photoshoots quickly without compromising aesthetic
- Expertise in interpreting fashion and creative direction
- Contacts in the fashion industry and strong relationships with designers, publicist and brands
- Comfortable networking and attending (virtual) events and previews on behalf of the brand
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.