Senior Manager, Brand Strategy
New York, NY /
Business & Operations – Sales & Marketing /
Bustle Digital Group is seeking a creative and strategic marketer for our East or West Coast Brand Strategy team. As the Sr. Manager of Brand Strategy, you will play an essential role in the presale function with a keen focus on Beauty, Travel, Personal Care, and Pharma — overseeing compelling, customized proposals across Bustle Digital Group’s (BDG) portfolio of brands, playing a strategic role in driving revenue growth.
While the team is currently remote, this role can be based in either New York, NY or Los Angeles, CA.
- Oversee innovative ideas and category-specific approaches across the Beauty, Travel, and Pharma landscape and beyond, identifying and designing the approach where needed
- Strong collaboration with the Branded Content, Video, Experiential, Research/Trends, and Sales Teams to create strategic marketing proposals with cross-departmental liaisons, expanding Bustle Digital Group’s reputation as a thought leader in the marketplace
- Build on signature brand initiatives while ideating new opportunities, enabling advertisers to connect with our audiences through a multi-platform approach, coupled with engaging products and proprietary insights
- Ensure all ideas are packaged appropriately from a marketing and planning perspective, aligning with the needs of our brand partners
- Understand insights to better curate marketing opportunities for clients, utilizing measurement tools and research to add relevant, trustworthy data to our ideation
- Manage interdepartmental workflow to ensure that all elements are handled according to process and schedule, including turnover of sold programs to post sales/account management team
- Develop new sales marketing collateral using industry, marketing, and third-party research
- Stay abreast of industry & competitive news especially in Beauty and Pharma, unique advertiser programs and digital innovations, presenting the best ideas to the team
- Attend client meetings when necessary to explain the creative marketing idea in more detail
- 3-5 years of digital marketing experience or digital strategy in a related field
- Beauty, Pharma, and Travel experience is a major plus
- Strategic and creative thinker with excellent verbal and written skills; ability to multi-task
- True self-starter with the ability to hone in on sales-specific needs to drive revenue
- Ability to monitor insights and communicate data points to enhance marketing offerings
- Strong knowledge of digital sales, marketing dynamics, and processes
- Proficiency in Keynote, MS Office, SnagIt, and experience with research tools such as: Google Analytics, comScore, Quantcast, and/or Shareablee
- Strong organizational, project management, and time management skills in a fast-paced environment
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.