Manager, Talent Partnerships
New York, NY /
Creative – Production /
Bustle Digital Group is seeking a Manager of Talent Partnerships to secure access to a range of talent including social influencers, thought-leaders, and celebrity talent. This role will be responsible for recommending all talent that is pitched and activated for branded programs and select editorial series, in collaboration with other members of our BDG branded creative team. The ideal candidate should be a strong collaborator, a creative problem solver, have strong writing and communication skills, and have an eye for unique, inspirational, and emerging talent.
- Research and provide strategic talent recommendations in response to pre-sale RFPs
- Thoroughly vet and book talent (e.g. influencers, real people, category experts, celebrities) for branded video, photo, event, and native social influencer campaigns, ensuring talent is on brand for BDG, sponsor, and delivers against campaign strategy and budget
- Provide detailed bios and rationale for recommended talent in post-sale
- Build detailed client-facing talent briefs and talent creative briefs, outlining full creative direction, scope of work, usage, deliverables, etc.
- Schedule and lead kickoff calls with talent and maintain creative facilitation throughout the program
- Draft talent agreements and facilitate with legal on any negotiations/redlines
- Identify emerging talent across various social media platforms with a keen focus on TikTok, Instagram, and YouTube
- Represent BDG in the talent community, growing and maintaining relationships with talent and their representation
- Create and maintain rosters of preferred BDG talent to facilitate talent requests in a timely manner
- Support Associate Director, Talent Partnerships with research and special projects
- 4+ years experience in booking talent, with at least 2 years overseeing casting and production for influencer campaigns
- Extensive network of relationships across the talent community (agents, managers, publicists, labels, studios, networks, etc.)
- Encyclopedic knowledge of influencers across fashion, beauty, health, lifestyle, culture, and tech verticals
- Strategic and creative thinker
- Tenacious individual with proven track record for negotiation
- Familiarity with SAG-AFTRA talent regulations, policies, and FTC sponsor guidelines
- Knowledge of blog and social platform analytics
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.