Senior Sales Planner, SF
San Francisco, CA
Business & Operations – Sales & Marketing
Bustle Digital Group is seeking a Senior Sales Planner to join our team located in San Francisco, CA. Candidates must be organized, detail oriented, and a self-starter, looking to leverage their analytical and problem-solving abilities in a creative environment. This is an analytical yet creative position which supports the Sales teams and their clients. You will collaborate with our sales and marketing teams to develop compelling, customized proposals and presentations to refine how we position our products and help achieve our revenue objectives.
This is an ideal role for anyone looking to continue growing their experience in the business side of interactive media and is eager to join an exuberant, growing and energetic team.
Please note this role will be initially remote, and will then be part of a small team in a coworking space in San Francisco.
- Strategize and develop media plans from inception to completion, understanding the role of inventory in addition to the digital media KPIs and metrics behind our product offering.
- Build cohesive media plans, small tier marketing proposals, and research stories to align the client’s objectives with our offering across all categories.
- Manage client requests throughout the RFP process, inclusive of: media plan changes, budget revisions, distribution asks, marketplace and industry information, ad specs, timeline development, etc.
- Develop new sales marketing collateral using industry, marketing and third party research to measure the impact and tell the BDG story, while analyzing competitive brand positioning.
- Ideate new, never-been-done-before ways for advertisers to connect with our readers through strategic media placements aligned to the brand and/or flight.
- Utilize measurement tools, such as Quantcast and Google Analytics, to add relevant, trustworthy data to presentations and proposals.
- Create detailed project work orders for each signed advertising insertion order, handing the presale media over to the ad operations team to execute.
- Work in Operative One, our campaign management system, to enter media plans which begins the campaign execution process.
- Provide POVs on various media topics and provide a creative and strategic approach to the creation of media.
- Collaborate with the advertising operations team to gather feedback on the performance of our ad products, so you can build smarter and more performance driven media plans.
- Manage interdepartmental workflow to ensure that all elements are handled according to process and schedule.
- Have great attention to detail as the media plans build by the planner are used to generate our insertion orders and they must be accurate.
- 2-3+ years of media planning experience in a related field or company.
- Digital media planning experience is a must.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Expertise in media planning and ad product best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to create narrative presentations.
- Experience developing and executing brand campaigns across digital advertising.
- Proficiency in MS Office and experience with research tools such as: Google Analytics, comScore, Quantcast and Google Ad Manager are preferred.
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Flavorpill Media, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, Romper, The Outline, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, and London.