Photo Intern, BDG
Editorial – BDG /
Bustle Digital Group is seeking a talented and creative Photo Intern to join our editorial photo team this summer. The editorial photo team at BDG works across our five lifestyle brands which include Bustle, Elite Daily, Romper, The Zoe Report, and NYLON.
The ideal candidate will have a Photo/Art related experience, degree or be in your final year of school. We are looking for someone who is passionate about editorial photography, digital storytelling, and photo production. The photo intern will support our Senior VP of Creative, Art Director, and Producer in conceptualizing shoots, researching contributors and vendors, participating in creative brainstorms, and overall shoot organization.
- Assist the art director and producer in carrying out photo shoots across all 5 lifestyle brands at BDG
- Support client and craft services
- Production supplies pick up/drop off
- Support pre-production, production, and post workflows including prop sourcing, asset organization, and general assistance
- Assist with post production processing (retouching, exporting, resizing)
- Administrative and clerical duties such as expense reporting and transporting products
- Assist in sourcing new and emerging photographers, set designers, and prop stylists
- Help organize photo team’s vendor and creative collaborator database
- Work with art director to build creative concepts for upcoming photo shoots
- Photo/Art or related experience, degree or be in the last year of pursuing a degree in Photo/Art related subjects
- Strong proficiency with Mac OS, Microsoft Office, Excel, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe InDesign
- Creative sensibility with an interest in photography and fashion/beauty editorial
- Creative problem solver, good communication and collaboration skills
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.