Senior Entertainment Editor, Elite Daily
New York, NY /
Editorial – Elite Daily /
Elite Daily is seeking a Senior Entertainment Editor to oversee day-to-day operations on our Entertainment vertical. From daily celebrity, music, TV, YouTube, and TikTok coverage to in-depth interviews, exclusives, and digital covers, our Entertainment vertical brings readers the of-the-moment details they need to know, and is crucial to shaping the voice and identity of the site. We’re looking for someone who’s excited to be the creative and strategic lead of our coverage.
Interested candidates should have experience managing a full-time staff, finding and cultivating writers with a diverse variety of perspectives, and assigning, writing, and editing interviews, covers, and trend pieces on timely topics. Candidates should have a demonstrated interest and background working at the intersection of entertainment and celebrity content that affects, shapes, and informs Gen Z and millennial culture. This person will also be responsible for growing and monitoring vertical traffic goals, and will use this information to provide insights on future coverage opportunities.
The Senior Entertainment Editor will also oversee the vertical’s content calendar and content series, assist in live event coverage (including, but not limited to: TV shows, new music and album releases, award shows, celebrity relationships news, baby news, and more), and will work closely with the Managing Editor, Deputy Editor, and other departments to ideate and execute on digital issues.
- Guide and work with the Entertainment team to determine daily coverage plans
- Monitor assignments and traffic, identifying, suggesting, and implementing strategy adjustments where and when necessary
- Work with and manage editor(s) to ensure coverage is relevant to our readership
- Assign and edit interviews, exclusives, and digital covers, working across verticals and within the Entertainment team to grow the voice of the vertical
- Liaise with the Bookings department on incoming and external talent asks
- Broadly manage part-time writer staffing and workflow by guiding and working closely with junior editors and their writers
- Oversee editorial calendar and content series, as well as coverage for annual holidays and events
- 5+ years of experience working in Entertainment or a similar field
- Demonstrated experience managing and leading a team of editors and writers
- Experience with feature writing and editing
- Experience working with freelancers
- Ability to plan ahead and meet ongoing and longer-lead deadlines
- Experience analyzing content using GA, Chartbeat, or other analytics tools, and using this to inform overall vertical strategy
- A desire to reach a young audience in a unique way
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.