Part-time Graphic Designer
Editorial – Input /
Bustle Digital Group’s Culture & Innovation brands (Inverse, Input, Mic) are looking for a graphic designer to enhance our storytelling with custom art. Designers should be able to work 3-4 days each week during business hours EST.
As a designer for the open web, you should understand how the right visuals can make or break a story. You should have a strong eye for photo editing, illustration, and animation. We’re not just looking for someone who knows how to use the tools - you should be a true collaborator and storyteller who lives and breathes visual information, capable of capturing the essence of a story without words.
Each of our sites have distinct areas of coverage. In this role you’ll work with the lead editors to ensure each site’s art showcases a consistent brand identity.
Inverse is a destination for all things science and entertainment, telling stories that help readers immerse themselves in the worlds of sci-fi, space exploration, gaming, and innovation.
Input is a tech, design, and style focused publication dedicated to bringing a new perspective on the most important, interesting, and vital stories of this moment.
Mic is a news and culture publication covering breaking news, politics, opinions, and analysis, distilling complex stories and presenting them in conversational, accessible, and punchy prose.
- Work with editors to create design identities for ongoing franchises and areas of coverage
- Brainstorm and develop standalone visual features with editors
- Production of visual assets for social media
- 2+ years working in a newsroom or with content creators on visual storytelling
- Expertise with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects) or other graphic design / video editing / animation software
- Experience with 3D rendering is a plus
- Understanding of modern publishing platforms
- Established graphic design portfolio, preferably within media / content / journalism
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.