Celebrity Editor, Bustle
Editorial – Bustle /
Bustle is looking for a Celebrity News Editor to oversee the site’s day-to-day, hour-to-hour,
minute-to-minute news coverage. The Celebrity News Editor will work closely with the Deputy
Entertainment Editor to shape the site's celebrity coverage, and will be responsible for
assigning, editing, and writing articles that appeal to Bustle’s audience via search and social
platforms. The role will also involve contributing interviews, original reporting and features to the
team as required, as well as ensuring that Bustle’s news coverage is diverse and inclusive.
The ideal candidate should have a passion for all things celebrity, as well as TV, movies, books,
and digital culture, and be creative in spotting angles for the way those things intersect. They
will know what the stars are doing, who they’re dating, and what people are saying about them
online. As well as knowing traditional celebrity culture inside out, the ideal candidate will be
tuned in to the ways social media platforms are breeding a new type of celebrity, and have a
comprehensive strategy for how to cover them.
Experience in a fast-paced digital newsroom environment is a must, along with a strong grasp of
traffic insights and data analytics.
Remote for the right candidate, but NYC is preferred.
- Assign, edit, and publish 8-10 celebrity stories a day
- Recruit and manage a team of part-time writers and freelancers
- Keep a finger on the pulse of all things celebrity news via Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, more
- Closely monitor analytics tools to track performance, and adjust daily and monthly strategy accordingly
- Leading coverage plans for news which breaks outside of traditional work hours
- Constantly brainstorm with writers and fellow editors on methods to deliver celebrity news in exciting and creative ways
- Work closely with team members during tentpole events, such as awards season and live events
- 3+ years celebrity or entertainment editing or writing experience
- Familiarity with best practices for search and social
- Ability to write and edit quickly without compromising brand integrity or mission
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.