TV/Film Writer, Elite Daily
Editorial – Elite Daily
Are you a film buff who can name every Best Picture Oscar winner from the past decade? Would you rather re-watch every season of Grey’s Anatomy than go to a party? Do you have theories about Riverdale’s newest mystery? Are you constantly refreshing YouTube to find the next best Premium series? Then Elite Daily’s TV/Film writer position is perfect for you.
Elite Daily is seeking a remote part-time TV/Film writer to contribute four shifts per week. Writers should have extensive knowledge of the latest in film news and must be comfortable analyzing TV shows ranging from The Bachelor to This Is Us. Writers must have a fun and witty voice and the ability to write quickly and cleanly.
Ideal candidates should have at least 2+ years of experience in reporting, writing, and/or blogging, specializing in entertainment writing. Bonus points if your background or experience lends itself to covering TV and film news from a unique perspective (please tell us how in your cover letter)!
Candidates should be available to work remotely Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. ET.
- Find and pitch stories on movie and TV news relevant to Elite Daily's demographic
- Write three to four articles per shift with Elite Daily's voice and style
- Package posts for both search and social optimization, with enticing headlines and teasers
- Assist in coverage of live and breaking events, writing content in real-time
- Availability to work remotely Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. ET
- A passion for TV and film news
- Pitch-perfect news judgment
- A fun and witty voice and innovative ideas2+ years reporting/blogging/writing experience
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands - Bustle, Elite Daily, Flavorpill Media, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, Romper, The Outline, and The Zoe Report – to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, and London