New York, NY
Editorial – Video and Production
Bustle is seeking a video editor with experience across mid and long form documentary video content. The ideal candidate possesses an excellent sense of effective and diverse storytelling with a strong understanding of how to best utilize music, narration, and graphics to creatively elevate each piece. Additionally, the ideal candidate is able to weave stories out of given footage while also engaging creatively with team members on decision making, problem solving, and quality control.
- Execute basic and complex video editing, utilizing industry-standard hardware and software
- Communicate and problem solve with producers, staff and clients to efficiently create high-quality video content and meet tight deadlines
- Perform initial color passes and preliminary sound sweetening
- Ensure quality and consistency on final project, with great attention to detail
- At least 3 years editing experience
- Experience editing in a digital post-production environment in the Adobe Suite of products
- Experience crafting narratives for longer form content
- Proficient in project setup, onlining, archiving video, delivery, and managing digital assets
- Strong understanding of digital trends, cinematography, and editing principles, with an ability to tell a cohesive story
Bustle Digital Group is the largest premium publisher reaching millennial women. Every month, nearly 80 million readers turn to Bustle Digital Group publications — Bustle, Romper, Elite Daily, and The Zoe Report — for impactful conversation around the interests and issues engaging women today. Focusing on everything from pop culture to parenthood, Bustle Digital Group's content leverages the power of a diverse set of voices from coast to coast. Bustle Digital Group does business with over 300 global brands, and ranks among the most popular media companies with our demographic on social media. Bustle Digital Group was founded in 2013 and is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Los Angeles and London.