New York, NY
Product – Engineering
Bustle is seeking people to join our diverse team of engineers who are building and maintaining a world class publishing platform using the best tools and technologies available.
- Write APIs that handle millions of calls every day. Work with modern backend technologies like Node.js, GraphQL, Redis, and Elasticsearch.
- Build completely serverless systems on top of AWS services like Lambda, Kinesis, and Api Gateway. At Bustle, we are always trying out the latest and greatest that AWS and competitors have to offer.
- Write clean, functional, reusable, and testable "ES Next" code through tooling with Babel and TypeScript.
- Contribute to our many existing open source projects, or create your own.
- Experiment with new languages, frameworks, and libraries, and understand why they might be a good fit.
- Help set the direction of what our platform will look like as we adapt to changes for years to come.
- You have a minimum of 4 years experience working as a software engineer
- You like learning and teaching
- You are comfortable with cloud infrastructure (Google Cloud or AWS)
- You like improving the areas in which you live and work. (Code, Processes, Communication)
- You have good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with colleagues across various levels of seniority
Don’t meet these requirements? We encourage you to apply regardless. All exceptional candidates will be considered.