New York, NY
Product – Engineering
Bustle is seeking people to join our diverse team of engineers who are building and maintaining a world class publishing platform using the best tools and technologies available.
- Write APIs that handle millions of calls every day. Work with modern backend technologies like Node.js, GraphQL, Redis, and Elasticsearch.
- Build completely serverless systems on top of AWS services like Lambda, Kinesis, and Api Gateway. At Bustle, we are always trying out the latest and greatest that AWS and competitors have to offer.
- Write clean, functional, reusable, and testable "ES Next" code through tooling with Babel and TypeScript.
- Contribute to our many existing open source projects, or create your own.
- Experiment with new languages, frameworks, and libraries, and understand why they might be a good fit.
- Help set the direction of what our platform will look like as we adapt to changes for years to come.
- You have a minimum of 4 years experience working as a software engineer
- You like learning and teaching
- You are comfortable with cloud infrastructure (Google Cloud or AWS)
- You like improving the areas in which you live and work. (Code, Processes, Communication)
- You have good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with colleagues across various levels of seniority
Don’t meet these requirements? We encourage you to apply regardless. All exceptional candidates will be considered.
Bustle Digital Group is the largest premium publisher reaching millennial women. Every month, nearly 80 million readers turn to Bustle Digital Group publications — Bustle, Romper, Elite Daily, and The Zoe Report — for impactful conversation around the interests and issues engaging women today. Focusing on everything from pop culture to parenthood, Bustle Digital Group's content leverages the power of a diverse set of voices from coast to coast. Bustle Digital Group does business with over 300 global brands, and ranks among the most popular media companies with our demographic on social media. Bustle Digital Group was founded in 2013 and is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Los Angeles and London.