New York, NY
Product – Engineering
Bustle Digital Group is seeking a Platform Engineer to join our diverse team of engineers who are building and maintaining a world class publishing platform using the best tools and technologies available in our New York City office.
- Write APIs that handle millions of calls every day. Work with modern backend technologies like Node.js, GraphQL, Redis, and Elasticsearch.
- Build completely serverless systems on top of AWS services like Lambda, Kinesis, and Api Gateway. At Bustle, we are always trying out the latest and greatest that AWS and competitors have to offer.
- Write clean, functional, reusable, and testable "ES Next" code through tooling with Babel and TypeScript.
- Contribute to our many existing open source projects, or create your own.
- Experiment with new languages, frameworks, and libraries, and understand why they might be a good fit.
- Help set the direction of what our platform will look like as we adapt to changes for years to come.
- Have a minimum of 4 years experience working as a software engineer
- Open to learning and teaching
- Comfortable with cloud infrastructure (Google Cloud or AWS)
- Eager to improve the areas in which you live and work. (Code, Processes, Communication)
- Have good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with colleagues across various levels of seniority
Don’t meet these requirements? We encourage you to apply regardless. All exceptional candidates will be considered.
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Flavorpill Media, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, Romper, The Outline, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, and London.