TV and Movie Theories Writer, Inverse
Editorial – Inverse /
Inverse has an immediate opening for a writer who’s got a special talent for theorizing about the in-world possibilities of the TV shows and movie franchises we love to watch, read, and think about. We’re enthusiastic about offering thought-provoking theories to our audience between episodes. If you’re a critical thinker who loves to report on fan theories and come up with your own, please get in touch. We’re looking for someone who’s an expert on all things Marvel TV and movies, who is enthusiastic about DC TV and movies, and can offer Game of Thrones fans food for thought as they await the Winds of Winter release date. Now is a great time to join our team of nerds who love to report on — and have a think about — all the in-world possibilities.
- Report on 2-3 theories a day as pitched or assigned by an Inverse editor
- Pitch your own theories each week
- Contribute to collaborative feature projects (guides, roundups, lists, etc.)
- Write critical assessments of episodes or films where needed.
- 1-2 years’ experience writing about TV and movies
- Demonstrated ability to fully defend your theories. (We’ll ask you to test one out)
- Find 2-3 theories per shift being bandied about online and gauge which ones are worth writing about, developing into something more ambitious, or ignoring
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.