Lifestyle Writer, Elite Daily
Editorial – Elite Daily
UPDATE: Thank you so much for your interest in this position! Unfortunately, we have received many applications and have chosen to move forward with selected candidates at this time. That said, we encourage you to still apply to this position here. If we have additional openings, we will be in touch!
Elite Daily is currently seeking part-time writers for its Lifestyle section, available to work three days each week during business hours (EST).
The LIFE section encompasses a variety of lifestyle content different groups of people can relate to — including strong and unique perspectives on college life/struggles, holiday/seasonal content, identity pieces specific to the writer that a niche group can also relate to (ex. introverts, extroverts, coffee lovers, chronically cold people, girls with short hair, extroverted introverts, quiet over-thinkers, etc.), friendship, family, navigating life throughout your 20s, age-specific content, social media content, bucket lists, etc.
When writing and pitching articles on a daily basis, writers should consistently work with the mindset, “What would my friends want to read about?” They should be able to offer a strong perspective on any struggles and benefits of being in your 20s, in addition to personal narratives.
Candidates should have at least two or more years of writing experience (preferably, a personal blog and writing samples from internships / previous jobs that showcase a unique voice), and be able to take criticism constructively. Writers will work remotely.
- Come up with a list of 5 to 10 creative pitches on a daily basis
- Stay on top of cool and unique millennial trends
- Produce at least three articles per shift
- Work in a timely manner with minimal supervision
- Ability to pitch creative, fresh story angles and headlines on a daily basis, relevant to the Life vertical
- Applicants should have a deep passion for one or more of the following topics: life in their 20s, holiday content, friendship, pop-culture, social media, staying on top of millennial trends
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Speed in producing exciting and innovative articles
- Able to meet deadlines on a regular basis
- Degree in English or journalism
- Ability to work remotely three days a week, seven hour shifts each day (EST)
- Solid experience in writing and blogging, any other candidates will not be considered
Bustle Digital Group is the largest premium publisher reaching millennial women. Every month, nearly 80 million readers turn to Bustle Digital Group publications — Bustle, Romper, Elite Daily, and The Zoe Report — for impactful conversation around the interests and issues engaging women today. Focusing on everything from pop culture to parenthood, Bustle Digital Group's content leverages the power of a diverse set of voices from coast to coast. Bustle Digital Group does business with over 300 global brands, and ranks among the most popular media companies with our demographic on social media. Bustle Digital Group was founded in 2013 and is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Los Angeles and London.