Insights Analyst, Brand Newsroom
New York, NY
Creative – Brand Newsroom
Mic/Bustle Digital Group is looking for a story and user behavior-driven Insights Analyst who can use a variety of data sources to equip our video team with actionable and timely content insights. We’re looking for someone who doesn’t just read the data, but takes it two steps further: (1) Synthesizing and communicating those findings, (2) Ideating new scenarios to test and learn from.
The Video Insights Analyst will be responsible for analyzing video performance (potentially expanding into written and audio) across all of our distribution platforms, and for forming actionable insights that will help Brand Newsroom stories resonate with more people in real-time. This person will provide data-driven recommendations to inform our content strategies, as well as ideate and execute on experiments. They will also run the paid promotion and targeting strategies within each social platform, with an emphasis on both reach and engagement results.
The Video Insights Analyst will work closely with the Brand Newsroom Creative and Strategy teams, as well as the centralized Audience and Insights BDG teams.
- Provide clear reporting and communicate findings and recommendations to key stakeholders — deliverables and presentation are both internal and client-side
- Manage paid promotion for Brand Newsroom videos across platforms, collaborating with BDG Audience team to expertly target and optimize video creative for maximum performance
- Create a continuous, real-time feedback loop with video team and directly influence decision making with data-driven, actionable insights
- Create content testing plans to inform current and future editorial and programming decisions
- Consult with video producers and strategists to assess qualitative video elements like story choice and narratives
- 3-4 years working in a strategic and preferably user behavior-oriented or social media-based job like media strategy, management consulting or corporate strategy
- Deep fascination with existing social media platforms and the media industry
- The ability to sift through data, quickly identify key metrics, and create actionable insights based on findings
- Strong editorial intuition — you know why people engage with stories on social
- A strong grasp of analytics, with focus on statistics and benchmarking analysis
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be an excel expert
Other Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience using social media data and paid promotion platforms such as Facebook Ads Manager, Twitter Analytics, etc
- Experience with analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Tubular, Shareablee, etc
- Proficiency in relational databases including SQL
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands - Bustle, Elite Daily, Flavorpill Media, Gawker, Mic, NYLON, Romper, The Outline, and The Zoe Report – to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, and London