Elite Daily Fashion & Beauty Editorial Intern, Fall
New York, NY
Editorial – Elite Daily
Elite Daily is seeking a Fashion & Beauty Intern to work 3 days per week in our NYC office to assist our Style team. Day-to-day tasks may involve pitching and writing articles, organizing and maintaining the Elite Daily beauty closet, attending industry events and previews on behalf of the team, sitting in on deskside meetings, assisting on photo shoots, and transcribing interviews, to name a few.
In your cover letter, please include why you feel passionate about the fashion and beauty industry, as well as a few game-changing fashion and/or beauty brands you think Elite Daily readers would love.
The intern must be able to work at least 3 days per week from Bustle Digital Group’s NYC office during standard business hours, and be open to attending occasional morning or evening events.
- Sweep the internet for trending fashion and beauty news that would interest the Elite Daily reader
- Pitch and write fashion and beauty news stories and evergreens for the vertical
- Occasionally conduct and/or transcribe phone interviews and liaise with expert sources for stories
- Organize the Elite Daily fashion and beauty closet, trafficking and filing samples as necessary
- Occasionally attend industry events, sit in on desksides, and assist with photo shoot prep as needed
- The ideal intern candidate is an avid fashion and beauty lover
- They should be obsessed with celebrities and pop culture as those topics relate to fashion and beauty
- They should closely keep track of the latest industry news, whether it’s a brand-new ColourPop collection, an Urban Outfitters sale, or whatever insider news just popped up on Trendmood
- Prior experience working in editorial or in a fashion/beauty closet for a publication is a plus
- They should be available at least 3 days per week from our NYC office
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands - Bustle, Elite Daily, Flavorpill Media, Gawker, Mic, NYLON, Romper, The Outline, and The Zoe Report – to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, and London